Join now - be part of our community!

Slight hissing sound when in noise cancelling

andymacv
New

Slight hissing sound when in noise cancelling

Does anyones WH-1000XM2 headphones have a slight sound in them when on noise cancelling?  For me it sounds like a very very distant waterfall.

Tags (1)
33 REPLIES 33
kwizzo
Explorer

Try to reposition your Wifi devices (router, laptop etc) or use only 5Ghz for wifi (disable 2.4ghz completely).

Bluetooth and wifi have similar frequency, it was the reason for me to almost send headphones to repair because of this 'waterfall', or 'windy' static noise. 

It is very very disappointing, however, that Sony does not take care of interference in such an expensive device. 

profile.country.GB.title
GapsOfTheGod

Same for me, but on XM3's. Only since the 4.1.1 update though.

profile.country.GB.title
jamphus
New

>> 

>> I also get this effect, but only when the the headset are prioritized on a stable connection.

>> When changing to sound quality priority the hissing is completely gone, so I would suggest just try if this works. 

thanks for this solution.

however, change to quality mode doesn't not eliminte the hissing sound(white noise) but just to lower to volumn to 30%, which is my estimation.

IT'S STILL THERE AND SO ANNOYING FOR A NOICE CANCELLING HEADPHONE!

profile.country.GB.title
rogerchristmas
Explorer

Slight his or soft white noise is heared on new MX3 during NC with and without bluetooth on and system reinitialized - dont have the MX2 to compare sorry.

Mooks89
New

I've just bought the WH-H900 and have also found this problem. I also recognise a slight hiss even when not in NC or Ambient mode (although nowhere near as audiable as when in one of those modes). I see the odd comment around different forums to that this is just the case with bluetooth headphones and that it is the "noise floor". Is this indeed the case??

profile.country.GB.title
rogerchristmas
Explorer

Can Sony please confirm this as I am getting this issue with the new XM3. I emailed them but they just sent me a replacement pair with the exact same hiss issue - same manufacture date 3-march 2019.

profile.country.GB.title
xm3hjsuk
Explorer

one of my colleagues has this xm3 as I do.

I got ths hiss sound but he has not.

it's a QA issue but my country's sony Taiwan won't give me a replacement and refuse to admit it's a defect.

I have the same problem with my XM3.

A mild wind sound un the right cup.

the sound is always present even no in NC mode or with wire conection.

A reset is helping for few hours.

Is Sony releases some updates for the issue?

profile.country.GB.title
Mraago
Explorer

Yeah, the right earcup is giving static here too. I just bought these headphones today and about after one hour listening the static started.

I too have this issue after spending $350 on Noise Cancelling headphones.. All I hear is this annoying woosh or distant roaring waterfall in the right ear.. I hear it even when playing music.