Join now - be part of our community!

Register a Sony product bought in another country

profile.country.GB.title
wrangle60

Register a Sony product bought in another country

Hi    new here. 

I bought a Sony Walkman NW-A45 in Singapore a few weeks ago. I got a Tourist Limited Warranty doc but all attempts to register this product fails.

I'm now worried because I was assured in the Sony store that I had the same cover that I would have if bought in the UK.

I have a couple of other Sony products which I have had no problems registering.

Should I be worried or just leave this product unregistered.........opinions please.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @wrangle60,

this is the first time I hear of such a warranty, I hope you didn't get scammed.

Normally the warranty only applies in the country you bought the product.

I though will escalate this issue so someone from Sony can take a look at this.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
wrangle60

Thanks Nic. I bought it from the official Sony store in a fancy mall on Orchard road not from one of the electronics shops in the plazas so doubt I was scammed. I found out about the limited tourist warranty from the Sony website and have a stamped document which is the warranty. The product is fine it's the registration that is the problem.

Harry

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @wrangle60,

I just heard back from the support.

The warranty is legitimate, yet again - I didn't know such a warranty does exist :grin:

The support would like to know, what doesn't work when you try to register the product.

You can even attach a screenshot from the error message you receive.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
wrangle60

Sorry I've not been back for a while. I have today registered the walkman, the only problem I had was I couldn't get Singapore in the country of purchase box so I left it as UK and put Singapore into the next box where town should be.  Has the NW-A45 been released in the UK yet? maybe if it has then thats why I am able to register it?

anyway thanks for the help.  Harry

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @wrangle60,

currently the registration process is broken anyways, so don't bother until it is fixed.

- Nic