Join now - be part of our community!

Re pause button on Bluetooth speaker

profile.country.GB.title
Jill_with_a_J
New

Re pause button on Bluetooth speaker

Hello Sony community,

I've just purchased a Sony SRS-XB23 Bluetooth speaker. I have successfully paired it with my Samsung S6 phone. Everything works except the start/pause button on the speaker - I have to use the phone to carry out this function. Could anyone suggest what may be the problem? As I like to carry the speaker around the house with me, I now have to take the phone as well in order to pause what I am listening to. I've re-paired the speaker with the phone; I've searched the Sony website; I've found the manual online and looked at that....I've tried Customer Support Chat but go around in a loop with that. I'm not sure what to try next. Interestingly, until recently, I had a SRS-XB31, which I had for a year before the start/pause button stopped functioning. I assumed the button failed on me, but now that the same problem exists with my new speaker from the beginning, I'm starting to doubt where the problem lies (and my sanity !). Any suggestions would be most welcome.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Probably it's related to the phone and it doesn't support this function any more.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Jill_with_a_J
New

Thanks for replying Peter.

Yes, that occurred to me as well. I've been doing some elimination tests using another, older phone as well as another speaker. I've not got to the bottom of this yet, but as you say, it could be the phone.

I appreciate you responding.

Jill