Join now - be part of our community!

Physical ear pain caused by WH1000XM3. Thin earpads.

profile.country.US.title
Ahanin
Explorer

Physical ear pain caused by WH1000XM3. Thin earpads.

Its 6:00 O'clock in the morning and i can't sleep from ear pain caused by inner side of left earcup.

People are suggesting to buy a thick ear pads to prevent the touch & make it useable. Do you guys have any suggestions ?

I just bought them yesterday, its so bothering to pay extra money for such an expensive headphone. This is the thinnest earpads i ever seen on any headphone. I own Bose & Sony & JBL headphones + this new one:(

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Ahanin,

I personally don't find that the earpads of the WH-1000Xm3 are uncomfortable, but then again - not all humans are made equally, so if you say they are uncomfortable for you, I believe you.

There are cushions which you can purchase from third party sellers which are thicker than the default ones.

E.g.: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NRV311B/

- Nic

profile.country.US.title
Ahanin
Explorer

Thank you for your reply. Its such a shame that Sony doesnt reply to its costumers about their issues.

I ordered some earpads online and still waiting. Just google it, you will find thousands people with this issue. The inner side pushes your ear and it causes pain, I use Sony (other models) & Bose & JBL, none of them has such a thin earpads like XM3.

BeanieW
Explorer

There are several things that might help you reduce the ear pain. You can adjust the earphones to reduce the pressure on your ears. Also, an option would be to remove the earphones or earbuds for an extended period, helping minimize hearing loss. I would also reduce the sound level to 60% or less of the maximum volume, and wear the device for an hour or less at a time. I do understand that the main problem you have is the fact that the ear pads are too thin. So, I would say trying some kratom from kratomgallery.com is always an option that would bring you not only a pain relief, but also give you a chill boost to enjoy for the rest of the day.