Join now - be part of our community!

NW-WM1A feature requests

profile.country.GB.title
dajw197
New

NW-WM1A feature requests

I am seriously impressed with my NW-WM1A in almost every regard but there are a couple of things I’d love to see in a future firmware update to enhance the usability.

1. Compilations grouped separately in the library.

The library is easy enough to navigate but brousing by artist is cluttered with all of the compilations. iTunes handles this quite well-it has a ‘music is part of a compilation’ flag in the metadata, and a separate category for Compilations in its browser. It would be really good to have the same feature on the Walkman.  

2. Additional UI controls for listening to podcasts / spoken word content. 

I listen with some custom IEMs with the 4.4mm balanced port. I sometimes listen to a podcast or some spoken word content. It would be nice to have controls to skip forward/back by 10 seconds at a time. It would also be cool if it remembered your location in a track. These would only be necessary for things in the ‘podcast’ genre.

Thanks Sony - keep up the good work. I’ve seen some of your experimental products during the course of my work and it’s clear you are seriously innovative!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi dajw197,

Welcome to the community.

Thanks for taking the time to share your in depth views about the features on the NW-WM1A. It's always good to hear some constructive feedback.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
dajw197
New

Thanks Ed. 

Would you share this feedback with the team who own the product backlog? What is the process for feature requests & enhancements?

Thank you

profile.country.US.title
Femi.agbaje
New

Bought in Tokyo duty free then discovered not English 
but Korean language screens