Join now - be part of our community!

NW-A55L

profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

NW-A55L

HI I have just bought this, had it about two weeks. The sound is brilliant but Im finding again and again, tracks havent transferred properly.

They are on the player but when you select them they wont play, some of them from the same album that tracks that do play are from. Is there a way to find out whats stopping some from working?

The transfer from my PC to NW has resulted in masses of WMA files on the player, these are for tracks that have transferred as FLACS or mp3's, I cant figure out why they have been created.

I cant understand the bookmarks feature, i can get things saved to different bookmarks but i cant find a way of selecting a bookmark and playing it all, the only way i can see to open a bookmark is when you select the option next to an individual track and then save it.

I have been using the Music Center for PC that Sony recommends.

My files come mainly from Amazon Music and CDs I have long since given away. 😞

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Regarding the non-playable songs: Guess the files are corrupted so they cannot be played. You can try to convert them to a different format on your PC and see if you can rescue them.

Regarding the WMA files: I guess they have been copied during transfer with Music Centre leaving the original and the converted file on your Walkman. You might want to check the transfer settings.

Bookmarks are usually used to store the playback position of a track. So the track will be played from the position you stopped listening to it. (Usually this is used with e.g. audio books or podcasts).

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

RE- Bookmarks! Thats an Aha! moment for me :slight_smile:

Thought it was like a playlist lol.