Join now - be part of our community!

Music appears on My SD Card but not on the Walkman

profile.country.GB.title
wolfiewolfie
Explorer

Music appears on My SD Card but not on the Walkman

Hi there

I have loaded a couple of iTunes from my Mac onto the SD Card in my Sony Walkman, via Content Transfer.  Both tunes appear on the 'Finder' SD Card list but not on the Walkman itself - and thus not playable.  I have trashed the tracks from the SD Card list and attempted to load the tracks onto the Walkman again, but no luck (they still appear on the Finder 'SD Card' list though).

I have loaded thousands of tracks onto the Walkman using this method without problems (including the covers).

Can you please help?

Regards

Roger

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @wolfiewolfie,

which file-format are the tracks in?

How many thousand tracks are on the card?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
wolfiewolfie
Explorer

Hi

I have used ALAC.

Oops there are not thousands (that's on i Tunes the computer, sorry) but hundreds - 576 to be exact

Content Transfer indicates that there is 91.6 Gb free to use. 

Roger

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @wolfiewolfie,

and which Walkman are you using? Model number?

Do you have other tracks in the same audio format which work?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
wolfiewolfie
Explorer

Hi

The Walkman model is NW-A55L

Yes, all the other tracks are ALAC.

Roger

profile.country.GB.title
wolfiewolfie
Explorer

Hi

Any news?

Roger

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @wolfiewolfie,

is there any difference in the new songs you added compared to the other ones? It is beyond me why they wouldn't show up if they are the same file format as the previous songs.

Did you check for new songs on the device in the settings? You can do that with the option "Rebuild database": https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwa50/v1/en/contents/TP0002342881.html

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
wolfiewolfie
Explorer

HI Nic

Thanks for you help. The tracks were constant  - all ALAC.

Out of sheer frustration I did a 'rebuild database' earlier today and it worked and revealed all of the tracks I had attempted to load in recent times. Excellent!  I also loaded a few more tracks afterwards and there were no problems.  I still have no idea why those problems occurred but, at least, know the way out if it happens again.

Roger

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @wolfiewolfie,

glad top hear you already tried to rebuild the database as suggested by me in my last reply and that it resolved the issue.

- Nic