Join now - be part of our community!

mex-n6001bd stuck on DAB receiving.

SOLVED
sheep1003
Explorer

mex-n6001bd stuck on DAB receiving.

I have this stereo in my car. I have just come back from 2 weeks in an area with very poor DAB signal so I have just been using fm radio.

I got in to my car today and put it on DAB and it said receiving, I drove away and still it said receiving 30 mins later, this is in an area around home that I have always have a very good DAB signal. While it says receiving I cant press any buttons, to seek, auto scan  pre-sets, menu etc. all other functions of the stereo are working perfectly, all buttons work when its on FM, I thought I might try to reset it but I can't find anything that tells me how to do this. Any suggestions on what is happening and how to fix it please?

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sheep1003,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

There is no mention on how to reset your device but usually disconnecting the battery should work..

A quick look at the manual & there appears to be a few things to check..

NO SERV (no service) The DAB signal cannot be received.

Perform an auto scan (page 10).

Check the connection of the DAB antenna (aerial).

Check that [ANT-PWR] is set to [ON] (page 17).

info from page 17..

ANT-PWR (antenna power)

Supplies power to the DAB antenna (aerial) input terminal: [ON], [OFF]. (Available only when the unit is turned off and during DAB reception.)

If this does not work there is reference to visiting the support site on the back cover..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sheep1003,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

There is no mention on how to reset your device but usually disconnecting the battery should work..

A quick look at the manual & there appears to be a few things to check..

NO SERV (no service) The DAB signal cannot be received.

Perform an auto scan (page 10).

Check the connection of the DAB antenna (aerial).

Check that [ANT-PWR] is set to [ON] (page 17).

info from page 17..

ANT-PWR (antenna power)

Supplies power to the DAB antenna (aerial) input terminal: [ON], [OFF]. (Available only when the unit is turned off and during DAB reception.)

If this does not work there is reference to visiting the support site on the back cover..

sheep1003
Explorer

Thank you for the reply. 

I checked the manual, its not saying no service, just receiving. I have always had a good DAB signal around here). 

I can't perform an auto scan as I can't access the menu while it is receiving, nothing happens when I press menu button and when its on FM and other functions that option doesn't appear on the menu, which also applies to the antenna power option also. 

I hadn't thought of disconnecting the battery, I will try that. 

Thank you. 

sheep1003
Explorer

Thank you very much. Disconnecting the battery worked. It is all back to normal now. 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent, you're welcome..

Hi there,

i am having the same problem.

how i disconnect the battery/ reset the DAB please.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

"Disconnecting the battery" referrs to disconnecting the main car battery.

Cheers

DaneDrums
New

Hi there,

I have the same problem.

Do you mean disconnect the stereo from the car battery? Or disconnect the car battery from the car?

Sorry but I'm not very technical with cars. I didn't install the stereo myself so I have no idea what is connected to what.

Thanks

Dane