Join now - be part of our community!

MDR 1000X headphones bracket has broken

profile.country.GB.title
Andrew2067
Explorer

MDR 1000X headphones bracket has broken

My MDR 1000X headphones bracket has broken. The item is out of warranty but I believe this is a design fault. There has been numerous posts about this same issue around the world. I was in contact with Sony re this but there was nothing they could do during COVID lockdown. 

I am hoping that now restrictions have been lifted Sony can supply or repair the faulty product. 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Andrew,

It would be best to contact the support team here for further advice.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
Andrew2067
Explorer

Contacted support team and sent off for repair. I was told that the MDR 1000X has know issues with the bracket in certain serial numbers and I am awaiting a decision from Sony. 

GingerMcAle
Explorer

I got the same issue as you and are out of warranty as well. Need to decide now if it makes sense to send them in. What was your outcome Andrew?

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Andrew2067
Explorer

Sony told me that they no longer had parts to repair the headphones. But they did offer a brand new pair of the new model headphones for £99 which I jumped at. the new paid are better made and I’m loving them.

Hope that helps.

Andrew Simpson
GingerMcAle
Explorer

Thats an awesome outcome! Good for you. People in other threads had to pay up too 100 for a repair or 30 for the repair estimate if they refused the repair.

Thanks for sharing!