Join now - be part of our community!

Audio lost using brand new headsets model WH-1000XM4 with Zoom

profile.country.RO.title
rareshB
New

Audio lost using brand new headsets model WH-1000XM4 with Zoom

Hello,

Can someone please provide some guidance on how to resolve the below issue :

- I am using my WH-1000XM4 connected to MacBookPro ( Sonoma 14.3.1)

- I am constantly in zoom calls using zoom workplace Version: 6.0.11 (35001)

Issue:   during a zoom call, I simply take off my headsets and put them back on. 
As a result,  the Audio is lost 
And I can only get back the audio if I turn off/on the headsets which is quite inconvenient. 

Is there a main reason for such a behaviour? And does anyone knows if this is a known issue ? Many Thanks

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
sam.kim168960
Explorer

This issue with the Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones is a known problem. Here's a solution you can try:

1. Update Firmware: Ensure your WH-1000XM4 headphones have the latest firmware.

2. Reset Headphones:

• Turn off your headphones.
    • Press and hold the Power and Custom buttons simultaneously for 7 seconds until you hear "Resetting to the default settings..." Then turn them back on.
  3. Adjust Bluetooth Settings:

• On your MacBook, go to "System Preferences" > "Bluetooth."
    • Forget your headphones by clicking the "X" next to their name, then repair them.
  4. Check Zoom Settings:

• In Zoom, go to "Settings" > "Audio" and ensure your headphones are selected for both "Speaker" and "Microphone."
  5. Contact Sony Support: If the issue continues, contact Sony support for further assistance.

These steps should help resolve the issue of losing audio when using your WH-1000XM4 headphones with Zoom on your MacBook.