Join now - be part of our community!

Wav's Don't Play In WMP11

staby123
Visitor

Wav's Don't Play In WMP11

Hi All!

For some reason my WMP won't play WAV files, the error message C00D1199 appears.

I can play them in Real Audio and Winamp and other players, it's just WMP, which is strange as it will play MP3's and WMA without a problem.

As far as I know, I can't use the uninstall feature in Vista on WMP as it is embeeded as this would have come in handy as to repair the app.

Has anyone come accross anything similar and better still, a soloution.

Thanking You in Advance.

James,
Dublin.

3 REPLIES 3
staby123
Visitor

Hi Kee-Lo,

Thanks for the reply man!

I gave that a gander alright and it didn’t shed any light on the problem.

I uninstalled other music apps, thinking that maybe there was a conflict, all to no avail.

I have done some research and it seems that I am not alone on this.

I am not really worried, as I said it will play Mp3’s, Flac, etc, just not wav’s, and I am using Real Player instead.

It’s just the fact that the app is embedded with Vista and that it cannot be uninstalled, repaired, etc. As I would uninstall it, as it is just taken up valuable space, as I have a Tri Boot on this machine.

What is also unusual, is that the soundcard doesn’t appear in the speaker/devices window in WMP.

I have 3 other firewire audio cards, Terratec, Maudio & RME and all off these will appear directly on that window when Devices/Speakers is selected in WMP.

Ah, sure it is Vista, and a first release, maybe when the SP1 is issued it might sort it out.

Thanks again for the reply man!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

No problem.

I think it's probably a driver issue, if there's a newer one on VAIO-Link I'd give that a go.