Jetzt anmelden und Teil der Community werden!

VGN-P11Z cannot restart?!

danielearwicker
Besucher

VGN-P11Z cannot restart?!

The whole point of the Vaio P is portability. So I think it should be able to do something helpful when you close the lid. The basic options are Sleep or Hibernate.

If I use Sleep, it frequently is incapable of waking up again, even with plenty of battery life (or even with mains power)

If I use Hibernate, it will recover but then takes about ten minutes to become useable. Applications that were open when I closed the lid are frozen for a long time.

So both these options are WORSE than simply shutting it down. A full start up to become useful takes about four minutes.

This alone is a "deal breaker" for a truly portable computer. It fits into my jacket pocket, and yet if I need to use it, it's a dead weight.

Please do whatever you can to make it possible to close the lid, go into some kind of low-power mode, and to recover QUICKLY and RELIABLY to a usable state when the lid is opened again.

1 ANTWORT 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi danielearwicker - welcome to Club Vaio.

Your comments are welcome and I'm sure many users here will find them of interest.

However, this is a user only forum for mutual self help and Sony will not comment here.

You will have to report the Sleep Mode problem to the official Sony Support - they may have a fix or some advice on Vista settings.

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/contacts/contacts.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons

You may get a reply here from a P-Series user - but there are few about yet!!!

Welcome.

:wink: