Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-AW21Z/B Motion eye not working

pitselah
Visitor

VGN-AW21Z/B Motion eye not working

Hey all. I just bought myself an AW21Z/B and have noticed that my motion eye isn't working. Everytime I run the ArcSoft Webcam software I get a black screen that says it is waiting for a bluetooth connection. This never happens. Having spent £1500 on this machine I would expect it to at least be fully functional!!

Has anyone experienced this before or got any ideas? Re-install? New drivers?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
pitselah
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem although it started working randomly for 2 days. It appears as though the webcam isn't being recognised by the system as I can't find it in device manager.

Completely agree that after spendin £1500 that at leaast this should work.

Any help would be great

Thanks

skykit84
New

In Device Manager and under the camera bit (I'll get the proper name/location tonight if you can't find it), what does it say for the camera device itself?

Reason I ask is when you install Vista from a clean install for instance, the camera is automatically detected and installed so you think nothing of it.
If you look more closer, the camera does not work - black screen just like yours
You need to manually update the driver from the Sony pack which changes the name (again I'll get the names for you but from memory, default is just USB Camera or something)

pitselah
Visitor

I can't see it in device manager - would have thought it woul dbe under imaging devices but there is only a scanner listed herte(I don't think I have one though). You say that I need to manually update the driver from the sony pack - how do I do this and what is the Sony pack?

Help is much appreciated!
Thanks

skykit84
New

Do you have any ! or ? devices with a yellow bubble to indicate a device not installed properly?

I think it should be under imaging devices - I forgot to check mine last night so if you can wait until I get home after work...

pitselah
Visitor

I don't hvae it under imaging devices. Thing that is weird is that it started working for a couple of a couple of weeks ago. I should have looked at the device manager then to see where it appeared. Any ideas??