Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio FE21H freeze

thinga
Visitor

Vaio FE21H freeze

Hi all, i have just bought my notebook for 2 month but in the last two weeks it has been frozen a few times, i cnt even turn it off by turn off button. Is there anyone know the reason why and the solution for it? Thank you in advance

Any helps would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi thinga,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

It could be a number of things really...

Do you get any error messages when your Vaio freezes...:smileyconfused:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi thinga and welcome to the forum.

Assuming that you have a firewall and up to date anti-virus software, have you also run a spyware/mareware scan using a utility such as Spybot S&D.

Also have you installed any new third party software or hardware recently?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
thinga
Visitor

Hi, i didnt get any messages for the first few times but the last time showed the long message with the blue screen. At the moment i dont run any anti-virus software cos of its expriral. Do you know any free trusted aniti-virus software that replace the Norton?
Yesterday i run the virus scanning and the result found 1 virus or Trojan horse in my system. Can you please tell me how to remove the virus or what software i need to buy?
Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi thinga and welcome to Club Vaio.

Go to this thread Best Firewall and Anti-Virus Products.

Download the free AVG Anti-Virus and run a full scan.

Also download the free ZoneAlarm Firewall

Download Spybot Search and Destroy 1.4 and let it search and destroy any problems.

:wink:

EDIT: You will need to remove Norton - the Uninstall tool can be downloaded from the link in the other thread.

:wink: