Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio CS VGN CS11S/P wont turn on :(

rokehoe
Visitor

Vaio CS VGN CS11S/P wont turn on :(

HI, I hope someone can help :slight_smile:

I got a new Vaio VGN CS-CS11S/P just before Christmas, it was bought on the 12th December so it's 67 days into its 90 day warranty.

It has been working great since ive gotten it, i haven't downloaded anything that could threaten the computer. I've never left it plugged in overnight or for long stints. ( I don't even know if this would matter to whats after happening). I also shut it down properly all the time.

So last Wednesday it was working perfect, then i went to turn it on Thursday and no joy, it started up, but after the vaio screen came up and the loading microsoft corporation bar, nothing. So i left it a while, and then there was two options, start normally or launch start-up repair. So i went into start up repair, and eventually it asked me to load drivers, and i didnt know what to do here so i turned it off and thought it best left to someone who did.

So im going to ring the support line later, but i just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem, and how bad is it? Also if anyone could shed some light as to why may it have happened. As you can imagine, i'm very put out as its brand new!

Thanks a million

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

So im going to ring the support line later

Hi rokehoe,

has Sony support managed to resolve your problem.?

rokehoe
Visitor

Hi,

Yeah, i rang them and they took me through some steps, and it turns out that the hard drive was gone!...so i sent it away and they had it back within 5 days! was impressed with the service! but i still dont know wh it happened, maybe it was just a faulty hard-drive??!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Glad your problems be sorted.. :slight_smile: