Join now - be part of our community!

To SONY/anyone - where is the Instant Chat support?

profile.country.en_GB.title
simonsonyuser
Visitor

To SONY/anyone - where is the Instant Chat support?

Hi All,

I'm trying to find the exact model of screen for my VAIO for a repair - but I cannot for the life of me find the Instant Chat support that Sony offer on this UK site.

I managed to use it a few weeks ago but there is no sign of it now via the Support /Contact pages.

Can anyone point me at it?

TIA

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Simon and welcome.

I can only find 'Phone Support' and 'Email Support' when I look on the 'in warranty' support page.

If your Vaio is outside warranty, only Phone Support is available on 0905 0310006.

I have a recollection that Sony only offer Instant Chat when your Vaio is within warranty and when a suitable operative is available at their end - I don't know how often this is!

:thinking:

simonsonyuser
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks for replying.

My VAIO is in warranty.

Do you know if anyone from Sony look at this forum? I can see you are one of the top froum users - are you affiliated with Sony at all, or just someone who helps with Sony products for free?

Cheers

Message was edited by: simonsonyuser

Message was edited by: simonsonyuser

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

The purpose of this forum is for Sony Users, like you and me, to ask questions of the User Community and to hopefully get some assistance from fellow users.  This is NOT a Sony Support channel and Sony do not monitor or reply to any questions here.  Unfortunately, the Experts here help for free!

The most effective way of contacting Vaio Support is by phone or by the email form provided under the Support Tab at the top of this page.

Support -> Online Support -> Contact Us -> Vaio and Computing -> enter your Vaio's Serial Number

simonsonyuser
Visitor

Many thanks Blencogo,

I will use email support .... except that the email address is not on the page after I put in my serial number....  just the premium rate phone number and a postal address ... I thought I'd seen it earlier but now I can't find it.

Am I being blind and stupid?

Can you tell me the email adddress for VAIOsupport?

Thanks again

PS

You would think that one simple contact page stating phone, post, email, chat (and when it is available) would be quite easy to create wouldn't you?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Are you sure your Vaio is Registered and within warranty?

What model do you have and when did you buy it?