Join now - be part of our community!

The Vaio Data Restore Tool

SOLVED
Nicktizz
Explorer

The Vaio Data Restore Tool

I've just recovered all my data from my Vaio that needed a factory reset. I'm about to use the Data Restore Tool, but it looks like it just makes a new folder and copies everything back into that folder. 

Doesn't it put stuff back where they came from? There's 133Gb of data and I've no idea where it goes and if it's needed etc. I can find music, and photos, etc but there's folders called 'sources' and 'RModule'. I'd love to find my bookmarks from Chrome too!

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@Nicktizz  Hi and Welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the Data Restore Tool doesn't put things back where they were saved from :slight_frown:

The 'How-To' use it page says:

"After this procedure is completed, your rescued data will be available in the folder specified. It will not be restored to the original location. Applications that use this data may not work properly unless the data is moved to the proper location or the application is reconfigured."

Have a look Here

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@Nicktizz  Hi and Welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the Data Restore Tool doesn't put things back where they were saved from :slight_frown:

The 'How-To' use it page says:

"After this procedure is completed, your rescued data will be available in the folder specified. It will not be restored to the original location. Applications that use this data may not work properly unless the data is moved to the proper location or the application is reconfigured."

Have a look Here

Nicktizz
Explorer

Thanks Jumpsuit. I'll start sending things back to their original folder, as far as I can work out. Happily, when I logged back into my Google account, all the bookmarks were there, so at least that obstacle's overcome.

Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No worries :slight_smile: