Join now - be part of our community!

SVF15A1M2E will not display images on 2nd screen/monitor but Control Panel identifies connection

weehawken99
Explorer

SVF15A1M2E will not display images on 2nd screen/monitor but Control Panel identifies connection

Hi,

Laptop [SVF15A1M2E] will not connect to monitor or TV, the issue occured following a power outage [charger failed] when it was connected/extended to a monitor, when I reboote the laptop the second screen was blank - it feels like the laptop is still looking for the last connection before the issue, Control Panel displays 2 additional "ghost" screen that contain "another display is not connected".

When I connect the HDMI cable it identifies the 2nd screen at the normal resolution [monitor & TV using different cables] and I am able to drag the mouse across page although not visible [lag between the curser appearing back on laptop].

I have checked/updated the drivers for the Intel and Nvidia graphics cards and checked the usual forums/JFGI but not found a similar issue.

I've attached 3 screen grabs that display the available information displayed in Control Panel, I am happy to provide more information:
img 1 = HDMI not connected but 2 "ghost" screens

DISPLAY.PNG

img 2 = HDMI is connected & "ghost" screen selected to attempt to connect via VGA

DISPLAY 2.PNG

img 3 = HDMI is connected, 2nd screen identified but 2 "ghost" screens remain

DISPLAY 3.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi weehawken99,

I suggest that you try a hard reset.

Shutdown and then remove the power adapter and battery. Hold down the power button for 15 seconds before reattaching the battery and power adaptor and rebooting.

I have no idea as to whether this will help but it is worth a try.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
weehawken99
Explorer

thans for taking the time to reply.

unfortunately no joy with the hard reset, any other suggestions greatfully received.