Jetzt anmelden und Teil der Community werden!

Sound not working on my TX3 laptop

unstoppable_hove
Besucher

Sound not working on my TX3 laptop

All of a sudden my sound is not working on my laptop. I have not downloaded anything out of the ordinary and have definately not changed anything on my laptop so i don't understand why this has happened.

Was wondering if anyone can suggest a solution and if you do recomend reinstalling a sound driver or something can you please post a direct link.

Anyone else had sound problems??

thanks in advance to any help given

4 ANTWORTEN 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

We seem to be having a bit of an epidemic of losing sound. Suspicion must fall on a Microsoft or Sony Update.

Are the system sounds working during boot?

Is the Realtek ALC262 High Definition Audio Codec listed in Device Manager and listed as 'working normally'? You could try right-clicking on it and choosing Uninstall - on re-boot Windows will reinstall the driver.

Look in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and scroll down to Windows Audio Service. Is it shown as 'Started' and is the startup type set to 'Automatic'?

The other thing to try is a System Restore to a restore point just before the problem started.

:thinking:

unstoppable_hove
Besucher

thank you Blencogo for the quick response ... it's definately reassuring to hear that i am not the only one with this problem.

however after following your instructions of 'right-clicking on it and choosing Uninstall - on re-boot Windows will reinstall the driver.' this has resolved the problem.

I can't see why this has happened in the first place but thank you for your help

much appreciated

MattWilson
Besucher

I have found that problems like this and other random problems occur due to incompatiblity problems with programs that occur at one time or another even if you have used the program for years without problem. This esspecially true of windows vista for which i have had many problems that randomly come and go. O well thats what you get with windows, its just one big beta test really!

profile.country.en_NG.title
chunonso
Besucher

Good day,
I am 8 months down into the use of my VAIO VGN_N21 M/W. it cam with Vista pre-installed
which has been sucessfully changed over to XP with all necessary drivers in place
(after much driver searching was done). it was working very well until my brother installed an audio driver that
was meant for an Acer Aspire 5100 on my laptop thinking he could upgrade my sound
levell with that(the Acers' sound level was seriously higher than the Vaios') audio driver.

i did a quick re-install of the sound driver i had gotten from Intel(WDM_173- it updates the hardware as well) for XP but
all to no avail.now the main problem is that
The system sounds are not coming on-no audio at all bearing in mind that
1)The Audio services are functioning correctly
2)The KB888111 package is fully installed
3)System Restore has been performed to 3 days before the incident.
4)All System Drivers are in place and up to date.

please i would entertain your utmost useful suggestions as it about driving me nuts.

thanks
dlaughinjudge-nonso
dlaughinjudge@gmail.com