Join now - be part of our community!

Slow keyboard response on VPCL22Z1E

profile.country.en_GB.title
chrisj59
Explorer

Slow keyboard response on VPCL22Z1E

I am having an intermittent problem with response from my keyboard. You can be typing normally and then suddenly it will stop responding and it can take 20-30 seconds for text to appear on the screen and it often misses keystrokes! This can be very frustrating and can make the desktop unusable at times.

Any help gratefully received!

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Chris.

I presume your Vaio is still within warranty so it would be sensible to register the problem with Vaio Support.  They may have seen the problem before.  Clearly, something is not right.

As your Vaio has Keyboard/Mouse/TouchScreen inputs and the problem is intermittent, I expect Vaio Support will suggest reinstalling the Operating System.

All you can try first is to eliminate any 2.4 GHz wireless interference by making sure you are not using any devices that use the 2.4 GHz radio band too close to the keyboard.  Lots of ordinary appliances use this band including wireless LAN, microwaves, cordless phones, bluetooth, radio controlled equipment etc. etc.  Interference is rare in these ISM Bands but it is worth checking along with any nearby large metal items.

I don't have to tell you how difficult it can be to isolate intermittent problems like this!

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
tidaltides
Visitor

Do you encounter this problem even when you are not connected to the Internet? If you get this type of problem while chatting online, the case might be coming from your ISP, but if not, there might be a problem with your system which includes your Processor or RAM problem.

Hi i want to know if my all in one sony vaio

vpcl22z1E

Has capability of remote control