Join now - be part of our community!

Sandisk not working on my Sony

schouw
Visitor

Sandisk not working on my Sony

I bought a sandisk cruzer micro usb stick, it is recognized as cruzer, but i can't see it in the explorer. it keeps asking for software, but for the windows XP it is not nescesary, so in the device manager is a ? sign.
What can I do.

8 REPLIES 8
Kris1990
Visitor

try installing the software and driver provided on the disk

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

If windows is having problems finding the drivers tell the ‘Found New Hardware Wizard’ to look in C:\Windows\inf for driver information.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
schouw
Visitor

I can't get access to the usb stick, there was nothing extra's delivered with the disk, for windows 98 you should download the driver from sandisk.com, but for windows XP there aren't any drivers. I know the cruzer works on other notebooks I have (Targa and Acer) , but not on my Sony PCG-GRT916Z.
I saw on the other notebooks that there are some datafiles on the cruzer, but I can't even start with my sony-notebook. It says there is new hardware but it cannot install it, because there is no software.

schouw
Visitor

I also tried to get some help from Sandisk, I know the cruzer is working. They said to look in my diskmanager, but there was only the C, D, removable Sony memorystick and the DVD.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You are correct that no additional drivers are required for this device with Win XP.
I would try uninstalling the device (in device manager) and then click ‘scan for hardware changes’ or re-boot and let Windows discover the device and re-install the drivers.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
schouw
Visitor

I have done it a few times, but always happens the same. It detects new hardware , trying to install, but can't find software.
I try to get the information from the sandisk from another notebook, loading it on my sony stick, copy it to the explorer and get back with the sandisk to my sony-notebook and try it this way.
I'm affraid to buy a external harddisk in the future for my notebook!!!!

schouw
Visitor

Thank you , tremendous. It's just the right solution.
I followed your steps and it worked directly
Thanks again

best regards Richard

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Pleased to hear that Richard, thanks for the feedback:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat