Join now - be part of our community!

Notebook startup problems.

Jonny__zero
Visitor

Notebook startup problems.

Hi all, I'm looking for some help or advice regarding my 1 year old, new bought, VAIO notebook (VGN-FJ3S/W).

The problem is this:
Sometimes when I attempt to startup the laptop, nothing happens.

This has been happening for a while now, but I am usually able to sort out the problem by removing and reinserting the battery. I have a feeling the problem is something to do with the screen, as when the laptop is working if I move the screen to a particular angle it cuts out. There is not the usual very very slight humming noise in the background (unaudiable unless you are very near the laptop) when this happens - when I have removed/reinserted the battery however the sound resumes however.

Now though, this temporary solution does not work either.
I will remove/reinsert the battery and the sound will resume, I will press the power button but then the startup does not occur and the sound dies again.

Just wondering if there is a basic solution to this problem of whether I will have to pay for repair service - I am a student and cannot afford that so a quick fix solution would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jonny_zero and welcome.

Unfortunately, it sounds like a hardware problem caused by a bad connection. You are probably going to have to get someone to look inside for the cause.

You will find instructions on how to disassemble your model here:-

http://www.hbworld.net/2

download your manual .pdf by clicking on VGN-FJ.PDF

:slight_frown:

Jonny__zero
Visitor

Sorry to bump this thread but does anyone know how long it takes for cases on the VAIO support section of the site to be looked at and responded to?

I made a case concerning my laptop a few days ago now, and no reply yet.