Jetzt anmelden und Teil der Community werden!

No Vaio updates.

billandlinda
Besucher

No Vaio updates.

Is it usual for Vaio not to offer any updates for the last 4 weeks? My Vaio update icon (at bottom right)is there constantly but when I click on it it doesn't offer me any updates.

4 ANTWORTEN 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi billandlinda and welcome to Club Vaio.

It is probably not that unusual, I can only remenber two updates for my Vaio in the last six months. You don't tell us your Vaio model so I can't check for you.

You can always check manually yourself by entering your model into the query boxes here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons

and it will take you to the download page for your model where you can see the full list of updates available for your model and the date they were released.

:wink:

billandlinda
Besucher

Thanks for your warm welcome and very helpful reply.
I followed the link you sent and Vaio offers me 7 downloads if I want them.
I'm going to presume that they aren't vital for the smooth running of my VGN-FW11M at the moment or they would be automatic downloads not manual. What do you think.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Some listed on the download page may have already been downloaded and installed automatically by Vaio Update. These are ALL updated ever released.

Double-clicking on the Vaio Update icon should offer you all essential updates.

Some are not automatically downloaded but require you to download then and run them manually.

It is your choice if you download these. In the past I would have recommended downloading them all (and do so myself) but recently there have been some occasional adverse side effects.

:thinking:

billandlinda
Besucher

Thanks for your help and advice.