Join now - be part of our community!

NGN-NR10E/S

profile.country.en_GB.title
cwathen
Visitor

NGN-NR10E/S

I have Windows Visas Home Premium installed on my Vaio.  Until about a month ago I used the preinstalled Windows DVD Maker to burn my slideshows but suddenly this has stopped working properly.  It burns ok and then when it gets to 93.9% and starts to finish the disc, it stalls for a few minutes then continues until it states DVD is ready.  However, the disc has nothing on it.  I use this software a lot so would appreciate it if anyone could help me.  I have tried three makes of DVD and also tried making another DVD of the projects I have previously burned but still no luck.  

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi cwathen.

I presume it will still play recorded DVDs?

You could try cleaning the laser lens using a liquid lens cleaner and see if this helps.

Do you have any other DVD burning software you can try to see if it is a software issue or if you have a problem with the DVD drive?

Are there any warnings against the drive in Device Manager?  Can you still see the drive in My Computer?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
cwathen
Visitor

I can still burn data onto disc using Roxio but this is a very basic programme.  Recordable DVDs play ok and I can see the drive in My computer. No warnings against the drive in Device Manager.  I suspect it is a software problem.

I have now tried burning the same DVD Windows Movie Maker project using Click to DVD.  The process gets to 99%, stays there for about 10 mins, advises that the disc has been successfully completed but still the disc is empty.   I am still able to burn basic photos and music using a CD disc. 

I have managed to burn this project onto a CD disc using Roxio with no problem but obviously this will not play on a DVD player.  The same project has previously been burned onto DVD using my Vaio with no problem. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Message was edited by: cwathen