Join now - be part of our community!

New VPCEJ laptop

profile.country.GB.title
janu29
New

New VPCEJ laptop

This is my second Sony laptop.  Like many new owners Revo Uninstaller and I are busily removing all the bloat.  Have worked away steadily and have got down to the last few items that I am not sure about and can't find confirmation by searching the Internet so I am hoping that someone can help.

Here are my queries:

Vaio Easy Connect.  I am connected to the Internet and never used this - can it be removed?

Vaio Improvement

There are many instances of Active X/Windows Live Mesh, some of which are labelled in a foreign language (approx 21).

I currently have 76 icons in Programmes and Features - 61 in Revo and I would like to know if I can take any of this stuff off?

Also, is there a proper telephone number to contact Sony as I can only find the 09 one which is very expensive.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi janu29 and welcome.

As the Vaio preinstalled software changes quite frequently, you are sadly on your own when deciding what to uninstall as this is not quite as straightforward as it once was.  I have never seen a list of uninstallable items and I doubt that Sony will provide one!

To contact Vaio Support click on 'Support' at the top of this page -> Online Support -> 'Contact Us' (at the bottom of the page -> Vaio and Computing and enter your Vaio's Serial Number.  This will check your Vaio is Registered and within warranty before offering you an 0870 number to call or an email webform.

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
janu29
New

Thank you for replying to my post.  Since posting I have removed Easy Connect as it isn't needed. Have also checked the Internet for the Active X/Windows Live Mesh thing and it seems that I don't need them so I have gone through each one and removed them thoroughly with Revo.  Can't understand why they were there in the first place.

From what I can see the Improvement icon seems to be something to do with the Sony Control Centre/Vaio Usage Data which has 'No' selected by default so I think that I can probably take that off too.

I am now down to a very respectable 42 installations, all of which are valid (except for the Improvement one).

The Sony programmes that are left seem to be useful and these are:

Vaio Care

Vaio Control Centre

Vaio Data Restore Tool

Vaio Update

Smart Network - not sure about this one but have left it in place.