Join now - be part of our community!

My Vaio has bricked please help!!

sj2112
Visitor

My Vaio has bricked please help!!

Hello

I need some help with my vaio i was using it to do some of my school work and it just turned off (I wasn't connected to the internet so it wasn't a virus).I just thought that it was out of battery. But to my horror it wasn't - this was three days ago. When i do try and boot up i got nothing no lights, no noise just nothing. I have checked the power cables and the little green light is on to show that power is going through. I have also cleaned all of the pins between the battery and the computer. Can any one help me please!

Thanks
sj2112

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi sj2112 and welcome.

Do you get absolutely nothing at all when you try to start up? No lights, no sounds? No Vaio Boot Screen?

You say the little green light comes on - is that on the Vaio or on the AC Adapter?

The little green light on the AC adapter does not neccessarily mean that power is getting to your Vaio. The cable may be damaged or the plug where it goes into the Vaio.

Do you have a meter to test if there is an output from the AC adapter? Do you have a friend with the same model and can you borrow their adapter? Can you take it into a Sony Centre or PC World to see if they have an adapter that you can borrow?

Which model do you have? I can then tell what voltage you need.

Is your Vaio still in the warranty period?

:thinking:

sj2112
Visitor

Hi there

Thanks for the quick response my vaio has nothing not even a boot up screen no lights no sounds nothing. Yes the "little green light" is on the ac adapter. I am pretty sure that it isnt the power supply as I have this problem before but it would fix its after about half an hour.

Do you think that it could be a short circuit in the laptop?

The laptop model is a PCG-7134M

Thanks
sj2112