Join now - be part of our community!

Multiple displays

Schokoolero
Visitor

Multiple displays

Hi

Here's the situation: For a presentation I created .pdf-slides with LaTeX.
Those slides are twice as wide as usual slides, containing the actual slide, to be displayed by the beamer, in one half and notes to myself, to be shown on the laptop display, in the other half.
On my PC, with the normal NVIDIA driver I can choose the option "horizontal area" (Translated from German) to view the slides with two monitors, as wanted. On my Sony Vaio VGN-FE21M however, I don't get that choice, only the dualview option. That does something similar and extends the screen horizontaly, so that I can move the mouse from one screen to the other. However Acrobat Reader does not extend the slides as it does on my PC.

The help file for the NVIDIA control panel does say, I should choose the "horizontal area" option. But the settings do not offer it.

Is it possible to solve my problem, or do I have to change the slides to a one screen version?

2 REPLIES 2
Schokoolero
Visitor

Hi again

Problem solved. :smileygrin:

I searched around a bit more and found out how to install the real NIVIDIA driver with the modded .inf file. Now I have all the options I had on my PC and it works as I wanted.

Now even a user, that has no administrator rights, can change those settings. That wasn't possible with the Sony driver.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

Just to help others needing this facility, could you let us know which nVidea driver version you used?

:thinking: