Join now - be part of our community!

Lack of functionality after upgrading my VAIO FJ3M/W to Vista?

Whappers
Visitor

Lack of functionality after upgrading my VAIO FJ3M/W to Vista?

Morning all,

Upgraded my notebook to Vista after having to replace the HDD. Now my "Fn + F buttons" don't seem to work at all. Similarly, the "scroll" down the page function of my touchpad mouse is also missing. I have tried my best with the "drivers" and "utilities" that are available on the SONY VAIO Support Section for my laptop and I cannot seem to get this much needed functionality back. Is there any work-around to get the "Fn + F buttons" back?

Thanks.

Whappers.

4 REPLIES 4
Whappers
Visitor

It's ok. Got it all sorted out! Thanks anyway!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: Glad you've solved your FN key problem.. :slight_smile:

If you post how you solved your problem it may help others with a similar problem.. :wink:

Whappers
Visitor

:cool: Glad you've solved your FN key problem.. :slight_smile: 

If you post how you solved your problem it may help others with a similar problem.. :wink:

No problem. I just did exactly what the guy in this thread: http://club.vaio.sony.eu/clubvaio/gb/en/forum/viewthread?thread=40292 suggested I do. Followed it to the book and it worked. I did get some errors about "not having the correct battery installed" which was very frustrating as Vista wanted me to hibernate the laptop and prompted me annoyingly to do so every 5 seconds!! Had to take the battery out altogether just to get rid of the message so that I could actually use the laptop. Anyway, once I installed the .CAB files for the "Unknown" device within Device Manager, I restarted the laptop and voila. Then reinserted the battery, voila!, also installed those alps touchpad drivers, and again, voila! Sorted!

:laughing:

Whappers.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent thanks.. :slight_smile: