Join now - be part of our community!

Help!!!

SOLVED

Help!!!

Hello all,

My laptop is acting strange! Whenever I load a web page I get all of these adverts that pop up. If I attempt to close the ads I can guarantee that it will take me to a new web page which is really annoying... Once I close the new webpage it will then let me close the adverts, but within a few seconds I get more adverts. This never use to happen to my laptop and I dont know why its now doing it?

My Norton Security ran out 2 days ago and I tried not to use the laptop to avoid viruses, etc. I now have Norton and I ran a full scan - I had one virus which is now gone Not sure if anyone has any tips to get rid of these ads, or if it is something that is on the PC and cant be removed...

I only got the laptop a few months ago and I would hate for this to be a reason why I get rid of it, but like I said, the laptop NEVER used to do this until a few days ago.

Any help or advice would be really really appreciated!

Thanks

Lisa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi and welcome to the Community forum @LisaBaillie  :slight_smile:

Yes it does sound like there's some malware on your system to be causing the adverts etc.

I would try scanning your system with another security program such as Malwarebytes free Here

Please make sure you download the free version and this should work fine in tandem with Norton.

Let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi and welcome to the Community forum @LisaBaillie  :slight_smile:

Yes it does sound like there's some malware on your system to be causing the adverts etc.

I would try scanning your system with another security program such as Malwarebytes free Here

Please make sure you download the free version and this should work fine in tandem with Norton.

Let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

Downloading Malwarebytes worked and I am no longer getting ads popping up!

Thank you so much for your help, it means a lot 😊😊

Lisa
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No problem, thanks for letting us know it's sorted :slight_smile: