Jetzt anmelden und Teil der Community werden!

HELP!! Vaio FZ11S recovery

Ozonerider
Besucher

HELP!! Vaio FZ11S recovery

Hi, I recently tried to recover my Vaio, as it has the Recovery partion on the hard drive, rather than supplying us with back up disks I, followed the instructions and made my back up disks (3 of them).

However when I tried to restore to its original factory settings something went wrong!!!
It would not read from one of the disk, think it may have been stratched?

So now stuck as I can not complete the recovery, nor can I run Vista :slight_frown:

Have contacted Sony and they say they can "sell me" the recovery disks for £29!!!!
Which I think is a p!ss take seeing as they do not supply the disks to start with (guesss it saves money??).

So they have almost forced me into this situation as we all know that writable disks are never as secure/durable as manufactured ones.

And I am still in warrenttee!!

Any advice?

Thanks, Jon

1 ANTWORT 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi John,

If your Recovery Partition is still intact, you can run a Recovery back to factory settings direct from the Recovery Partition.

Turn your Vaio on and when you see the first screen with the Vaio logo, press F10 repeatedly. This should start the recovery.

If you have deleted the Recovery Partition and have corrupt or scratched Recovery Discs then the problem would appear to be self inflicted and you will need to buy a replacement set of discs from Sony.

:wink: