Join now - be part of our community!

HDV playback using Vaio Media Server / Clients

MoldCAD
Visitor

HDV playback using Vaio Media Server / Clients

I'd like to set up my new Vaio VGN-AR51SU as Vaio Media Server for LAN. I successfully set up the clients (one on XP, one on a Vista computer) and they can access the media on the Vaio server. Howver, some HDV video files cannot be palyed (asterisk is appended to their names). In the Help file, I've found the following information:

1. You may not be able to play titles ending in an asterisk (*) on players that support networks other than VAIO Media.

2. Your computer must run a preinstalled version of VAIO MPEG2 decoding software to be able to play back MPEG2 video files

I don't quite understand the above restrictions; can somebody explain them to me in detail?

Of course, the HDV files can be played locally on both the server and clients (all the codecs required are installed). Also, the LAN is capable of streaming them (I can play them on a client by mapping the server's folder containing them, and simply double-clicking the file - it's just impossible to play them using the Vaio Media Client).

0 REPLIES 0