Join now - be part of our community!

FE-21M - Video performance issue

calomniator
Visitor

FE-21M - Video performance issue

Hello,

I just bought a sony vaio FE-21M as i wanted a good notebook both for working and a little playing some non too recent games.

But i have some performance issue : all the games are very slow on my FE-21M.

I have run some 3D marks tests and he results are far below the common results that i could find on internet for this notebook :

3Dmark03 : ~1500
3Dmark05 : ~750

My installation is the original one.

Can you help me find the reason of this problem please ? All the material is correctly detected and installed according to windows.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
LietKynes
Visitor

Antialiasing and anisotropic filtering are set to application preference in the drivers?

calomniator
Visitor

Yes.

I also tried to force all settings to off but it didn't change anything.

AliClifton
Visitor

how much RAM do you have this can inhibit performance in games , 3d mark etc. Also how optimized is your pc- do you have alot of stuff/proccess running in the background while you play (antivirus/firewall, messengers, windows themes/effects) all these things take up RAM and cpu time which again affects game performance. Have you defraged your HDD. Cleaned you registry lately?

Depending on how computer savvy you are i can give you some tips on how to optimize your comp and xp for the best performance in games

olilloyd
Visitor

Id be interested in some tips on getting the best performance in games.

LietKynes
Visitor

Take a look at the powermyzer settings in the nVidia control panel. Maybe you have it in max saving (I'm not sure if this is the way it's written, I have it in Spanish) instead of max performance in AC mode.

Pakosc
Visitor

Hi

To compare in 3DMark 2003 i've got -> 8890
The same laptop, standard nVidia drivers, i added 512mb, total=1.5GB
Try to install the newest graphic drivers from sony, if not maybe try to reinstall whole system.
Good luck :wink:

calomniator
Visitor

Thanks for all your answers.
I finally find the solution thanks to you : there was a parameter of power management called in french "Mode d'économie d'énergie" which was responsible for the issue.

In fact, this parameter seems to control the graphic card whereas the name doesn't let guess it.

I set it to "deactivated" and all is working fine now :slight_smile:

Pakosc
Visitor

So just to compare - how many points do you have i 3DMark2003?

calomniator
Visitor

With the standard nvidia drivers (updated by vaio update) reinstalled after many tries because fo my problems and the original configuration (1Gb RAM), i have 7700 at 3dmark03.

I used 3dmark trial version.