Join now - be part of our community!

Error message

stu_e
Visitor

Error message

I keep getting the message 'c:\windows\system32\autoexec.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the apllication' when trying to run certain windows applications, notable winzip self extractor '.exe' files and some older windows software that should be compatible with XP. This also happens when i try to run the ms-dos command promp (command.com under 'run' on the start menu) I did a search on google and found a few sites that addressed this problem but said you need certain files from the windows XP CD to fix it. As my PCV-RS222 came with windows pre-installed, how can i fix this problem? Has anyone else had similar problems?

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Install the latest version of WinZip is my first port of call.

kee-lo_
HoMiC-HoMeR
Visitor

I keep getting a window coming up when i first start up called : System 32 . Do you know how to get it to stop coming up when i turn on my vaio?

kee-lo_

Need more info

reaper
Visitor

what are you saying your system 32 folder opens it self every time you start your machine ??

or you get an error box saying windows system 32 ?

sounds strange

have you got hot keys ?

HoMiC-HoMeR
Visitor

what are you saying your system 32 folder opens it self every time you start your machine ??

or you get an error box saying windows system 32 ?

sounds strange

have you got hot keys ?

Im saying it comes open by its self everytime i start up
Its Really annoying!

What u mean about hot keys ? The S1,S2.... buttons on my keyboard ?

kee-lo_

So a System32 folder opens up on bootup?

reaper
Visitor

some keyboard's have media hot keys

they would be placed on the top of your keyboard if you do it might be installing incorectly and causing a folder to open

kee-lo_

Also check for spyware with Adaware