Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Double Layer not recognised

keddi
Visitor

DVD Double Layer not recognised

I have the PCG-K315Z. The specs says it has a Double Layer DVD±RW Drive - however I can't get any software to recognise a blank DVD+R Double Layer disk.

Anyone got any ideas why this might be?

Thanks
K

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Which brand of DVDs are you using? Did you tried Verbatim? Sony sells them on their SonyStyleOnline shop. They should work then. Do you have any problems with burning of medias? DVD-Rs, +Rs?

keddi
Visitor

They're TDK. There's no problem with burning TDK DVD 4.7GB recordables and all CDs are fine.

seb21__
Visitor

Hmmm, did you tried Nero? There is a trail version which works 30 days.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sounds like its not a DL drive

seb21__
Visitor

but it should:smileyconfused:

tonybeard
Explorer

When I bought this PCGK215Z from the Sony shop in Kensington I looked at the PCGK315Z and it was exactly the same as mine except it had a 40 gig HD not a 60 and was about £100 cheaper. It had no dual layer as that came out a few months later xmas of 2004. Office Works out a Chiswick was advertising the PCGK315z witha Radeon 128 meg graphics card and that simply was not correct. I think my friend you have been duped. Take it back to the retailer and demand they install a Dual Layer drive as specified. Now I think about it the other model option was the PCG K415z please ignore everything I just said but take note of some retailers dishonest claims. The PCGK315Z should indeed have a Duel Layer drive and an 80 gig HD Smiley No 7

kee-lo_

Thanks for confirming my doubts Tony

keddi
Visitor

When I looked up the DVD drive included with the PCGK315Z - it's a Pioneer (can't remember the product code - can check later) it was also listed as supporting double layer dvds. Perhaps I should try DVD - R rather than DVD+ R.

kee-lo_

DL disks only come in + at the moment
Have you tried Nero Infotool from ahead.de