Join now - be part of our community!

Clean Install Vista

Mikey657
Visitor

Clean Install Vista

Hi All

I have just got my new vaio cs11w up and running and i think its great apart from the useless vaio apps pre-installed. I am looking to do a clean install of my system but don't know how to do this despite reading through many of the other threads. I have created my recovery discs but i am unsure of what option to choose in "VAIO Recovery Centre" to perform a clean install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am a complete newbie.

Thanks in advance

Mikey

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mikey and welcome to Club Vaio.

What are you trying to achieve?

Are you trying to return the Vaio to factory condition or are you trying to reinstall Vista without the preinstalled apps?

I don't think the second choice is possible using the Vaio Recovery Centre.

:thinking:

Mikey657
Visitor

Hi Mikey and welcome to Club Vaio.

What are you trying to achieve?

Are you trying to return the Vaio to factory condition or are you trying to reinstall Vista without the preinstalled apps?

I don't think the second choice is possible using the Vaio Recovery Centre.

:thinking:

Hi Blencogo

I am trying to reinstall Vista without the preinstalled apps. Any ideas would be great.

Thankyou.

hugpache
New

Hello Mikey657,

I'm afraid that is not possible.
With the recovery dvds you can only restore your VAIO to factory condition. The only way to get a clean Vista is get a Vista dvd and install it from scratch.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mikey657,

welcome to Club VAIO..

This may help..

Following this guide will not give you a 100% clean install, however it will reinstall the vista operating system, drivers, utilities and a couple of the pre installed applications...

Click Start, All Programs, then Vaio Recovery Center..

Click Continue on the User Account Control window

Once the Vaio Recovery Center window opens

Select Restore C: Drive then press Start..

then follow the recovery wizard..

On reboot click cancel on the message which pops up asking you if you want to finish the recovery process by installing the apps.

You should then be able to stop Vaio Application Recovery from starting if you click Start , click All Programs , click Accessories, click System Tools then click Task Scheduler..

Click Continue on the User Account Control window.

In task scheduler you should have three windows, Overview of Task Scheduler, then below this Task Status and finally at the bottom Active tasks..

In task scheduler go to the bottom section of the centre column (called active tasks)

Double click Vaio Application Recovery and on the right hand column, select either delete or disable..

Mikey657
Visitor

hpacheco - thanks for the advice, i may just do that if the below guide fails. Cheers

Thalamus - thanks for the guide, that is a great help, i will give it a go and let you know how i get on.

Thanks guys

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thalamus - thanks for the guide, that is a great help, i will give it a go and let you know how i get on.

You're welcome, good luck.. :four_leaf_clover: