Join now - be part of our community!

Battery Life laughable on FZ31Z

hoobsdad
Visitor

Battery Life laughable on FZ31Z

Seems that when I actually need to use my vaio FZ31Z on battery power only, it lasts for about 15mins even on "soopa saver" mode. Not being able to find a search button on this forum I wondered whether I was alone in this? I bought my laptop about this time last year, and tend to always use it in mains power...and for what seems like the very first time, I had nowhere to plug it in so needed to use battery power...and simply put, it told me that I had 1hr 23mins of battery time, then shutdown about 5 mins later.......

Wondered if I could claim under warranty for a new battery or would it be easier to push water up hill?

3 REPLIES 3
amaru007
Visitor

yeah i have the same problem.
always used mains power, and battery very rarely, but after 8 months the battery only holds a 5min charge, if not less. spoke to sony support and the battery only has a warranty of 6months :cry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Batteries have been a issue with Sony for quite some time which means they have focused their priorities in the battery area but still some batteries are not performing. Best practice is to remove the battery when using the lappie at home and prey for no power outs. Pop it back in once a month to keep it tip top. This shouldn't need to be done if the battery is working properly as it has stand alone management to regulate the temperature and charge so only discharge and recharge will wear the battery however this is not the case for all batteries so better to leave it out of the battery bay and keep it in you're laptop bag.

hoobsdad
Visitor

Seems that I'm screwed then.... 😞

and am I supposed to carry a screwdriver around to take the battery out, then put it back in when i need it....? This is madness.

Anyone suggest a replacement battery that won't die if it happens to be in the machine whilst plugged into mains most of the time?

thanks,