Join now - be part of our community!

AV mode problem

nejcdolinsek
Visitor

AV mode problem

Hello!

After a couple months of wonderful ownership :slight_smile: , my CR21Z has developed a strange software glitch. In the first few days, I tried out the AV boot mode, and it worked brilliantly.
However, after a month now of not using the feature, it all of a sudden refuses to work.

When the computer is off, and I press the AV MODE button, the computer starts up, a strange symbol appears in the top left corner of the screen, after which the computer reboots, and Vista loads normally, instead of the computer booting into the Sony Vaio 'media OS'.

I've tried the following: 1. updating all Vaio software and 2. reinstalled all Vaio media related software using the Recovery tool. Nothing helps.

Its great not having to boot windows everytime you want to listen to music/watch movies/etc... so I would LOVE (correction: NEED :slight_smile: ) to get AV mode fixed!

HHHEEELLLPPP!!! :smileygrin:

Oh, BTW, I foolishly uninstalled the originally bundled Roxio burning software in exchange for the not-quite-compatible-with-Vista version of Nero 7... where can I get that Roxio program from, since its not included on the list in Recovery center?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi and welcome!

I am guessing that there may be an update due for your AV InstantON feature because the other model with this (VGN-TZ) has an InterVideo InstantON Update 1.0.1 dated 23/10/07 of 23MB.

I'm afraid none of us are familiar with the new Recovery Centre yet. Previous recovery software has included the ability to recover most of the individual applications but some have only been recoverable by a full System Recovery.

:slight_frown:

nejcdolinsek
Visitor

Hi and welcome!

I am guessing that there may be an update due for your AV InstantON feature because the other model with this (VGN-TZ) has an InterVideo InstantON Update 1.0.1 dated 23/10/07 of 23MB.

I'm afraid none of us are familiar with the new Recovery Centre yet. Previous recovery software has included the ability to recover most of the individual applications but some have only been recoverable by a full System Recovery.

:slight_frown:

Where can I get InterVideo InstantON Update? Will it be compatible with the CR series?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The update for the VGN-TZ is SOAOTH-01531100-UN.htm and is available here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/DOWNLOADS/SO/A/OTH/

Can't say if it is compatilble with the CR-Series.

:wink:

nejcdolinsek
Visitor

The update for the VGN-TZ is SOAOTH-01531100-UN.htm and is available here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/DOWNLOADS/SO/A/OTH/

Can't say if it is compatilble with the CR-Series.

:wink:

Thanks a lot!

Would you recommend installing this....? :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I honestly don't know is it will install on your CR.

:smileythinking:

nejcdolinsek
Visitor

I honestly don't know is it will install on your CR.

:smileythinking:

OK, I'll try tomorrow... its late now. :sleeping:

nejcdolinsek
Visitor

OK, so I installed the update SOAOTH-01531100-UN.exe, and it didn't help... :worried: