Join now - be part of our community!

WWE Network not working on new Sony KDL-50W829...

SOLVED
sdwight
Explorer

WWE Network not working on new Sony KDL-50W829...

Hi - I recently bought this TV and am having a technical issue... although the TV has The WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) Network built in as one of the internet apps/services, it does not work AT ALL -  it let me sign in to it, but then there is just constant buffering without any access to the content/service. I have a VERY good internet connection (wired to the TV) and there is no problem when I access/play The Network through my laptop or i-Pad.  

Are there any other wrestling fans out there who can - or can't - watch the WWE Network on their Sony TVs?  It's really frustrating... The Network is costing me £9.99 a month - and I mainly bought the TV so I could watch it on it! Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jumpsuit wrote:

@sdwight Thank you for the glorious opportunity to hijack this thread lol

That you have Jumpy, that you have :slight_smile:

@jumpsuit wrote:

LOL - all you have to do is watch the video to find out :yahoo:

Im too lazy to do that.  But it has given me the opportunity to watch Cactus Jack / Mankind(aka Mick Foley) on YouTube anyhow.  Man, some of the stuff he was involved it/caused - fantastic watching again.  Id link a YouTube clip to here, but it might be a little violent for some.  Im referring to the 1998 Mankind vs The Undertaker.

I was 17 when this was on, and watched it live.  Its the most fantastic match ever.  They both sustained injuries AND kept going. 

sdwight
Explorer

@Quinnicus wrote:

Good Afternoon

As Jumpsuit said above, your internet speed is more than capable of streaming video content to your TV. 

Considering your TV is 'wired' up, I think the next stage is to ensure that you have the latest firmware updates on your TV.  ollow the instructions : HERE

Once done fully updated, can you please reset your TV back to factory default.  Instructions : HERE

Hopefully this solves the problem.  If not, check on the forums of your ISP, and see if others are reporting streaming issues?  It might be an ISP network related issue.

Cheers

Thanks... I've tried those, but still no success. 😞

I dont think there there is a problem actually streaming things... things like Netflix and YouTube stream/play perfectly.  The thing with the WWE Network is that it just won't load properly - not even into a menu... just constant buffering.  I am a sad rose-bud. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think we have ruled out everything we can (or under your control) to be honest.  Its probably time to contact WWE in regards to this - I am at a loss on how to help you further, simply because you have 'ticked' all the boxes.  When you do, state the following

1. Internet Speed is : 47Mbps (more than enough)
  2. TV is connected to home router via ethernet cable
  3. TV has the latest firmware installed
  4. TV has been factory reset
  5. Other streaming apps on the TV work as expected.

You could contact Sony support too, to hedge your bets, however as other's apps working fine, and you have done the common things, Sony support is going to lay the blame to WWE itself. 

Check your ISPs forums anyhow, and see if others are experiencing streaming problems or similar to yours.  But its WWE you might need to contact now.

Cheers

sdwight
Explorer

Thanks for your help... I will try and contact the WWE Network about it and also check out some forums to see if other people can watch it on their Sony TVs.

Its just really disappointing... I was hoping to watch WWE and Wrestlemania on the TV. 😞

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I feel your pain :cry:

Have a lollipop on me :slight_smile:

tumblr_n5vpqh3ETy1rg635fo5_250.gif

sdwight
Explorer

Once done fully updated, can you please reset your TV back to factory default.  Instructions : HERE

YES - I've just tried this again (a complete reset) - and the WWE Network is now working perfectly!

I'm not sure what the issue was, but it's all sorted now - thanks so much for your help. :thumbsup:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Excellent!!!! I bet you're looking forward to Sting vs Triple H on a large screen now!