Join now - be part of our community!

USB HDD recordings interrupted

profile.country.en_GB.title
steviedeebee
Explorer

USB HDD recordings interrupted

Hi

I have a KDL32-HX753, which records programmes fine onto a USB stick, that is until I power on the blu-ray player, at which point the recording stops automatically. I used to be able to watch blu-rays or usb media files (plugged into the blu-ray player) at the same time as recording digital TV, but now it doesn't work anymore.

It's just recently started doing this - could it be related to a recent firmware update perhaps? Has anyone else come across this phenomenon and know what the problem might be? Thanks.

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I purposely left this thread for 24 hours, basically to see if others are experiencing the same problems after the recent FW update.  If there were a problem with the FW, I would have expected to see some comments by now. 

Anyhow - I recommend that you perform a factory reset of the TV firstly anyhow - this can clear problems after a firmware update.  Then give it a test out.

Fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
steviedeebee
Explorer

OK - but a bit reluctant to try that. Do you know if the current registrations of the HDD devices will still be recognized after a reset, i.e. all the recorded programmes would still be available on the USB sticks?

Thanks, Steve