Join now - be part of our community!

Update Opera in KDL-24EX320

profile.country.GB.title
Mussau
New

Update Opera in KDL-24EX320

We have a Bravia KDL-24EX320 which we've had for several years (since 2011?), but haven't used much. Now, trying to get to Internet content on the TV throws up an error in Opera: Unable to complete secure transaction. I can get to some sites, like Opera help, but not to Sony or YLE (Finnish TV).

Digging around, it looks like it's using Opera 12 on Linux, which is way out of date, and it would seem that an Opera update might be what is needed. I can go to a download page, but how do I access the downloaded file and install the update? Or is there something else I can do to make it work?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Mussau, welcome to the Community.

The only way I know of changing the browser version is to update the software for the TV. The latest update available for your Bravia was back in 2014, and I guess it's possible yours was not updated. Check the version number here.

Otherwise you may find others with a similar issue on one of the Opera forums. 

Hope you find something there that helps.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Mussau
New

Well, the software is up to date, but Opera hasn't been updated. I guess I'll have to try on the Opera forums, but it's disappointing that a perfectly good TV can't do what it's supposed to because they won't update a software component.

John

profile.country.GB.title
Mussau
New

Unfortunately, the reply is that Opera for TVs has been discontinued... It looks as though the only solution is a new TV, which is not what I wanted to hear!