Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL 46W5810 bbc iplayer problem - error "This Content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tom.74
Explorer

Sony KDL 46W5810 bbc iplayer problem - error "This Content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later

Sony KDL 46W5810 bbc iplayer problem - error  "This Content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later

Hi All :slight_smile:

I have 46W5810 with freesat hd

im on virgin broadband , around 7mb download  adsl sefvice

bbc iplayer works fine on laptop and  ps3

this was working ok before on 2mb, max 4mb ,   tiscali broadband

i have done full tv reset

i have latest tv firmware

i have refreshed my network settings numerous  times

i do access bbc iplayer by pressing red  button on bbc channel

then i  can see program list and some  description of the program, at the same time i can see netowrk activity on the  network port where my tv is connected

once trying to play it i have above  error

the bbc iplayer list constantyly update  itsels once new programs there

i can play hd movies from PS3 Media Server  from my laptop on that tv

please advise as I don not what to do  next!!!!

24 REPLIES 24
tom.74
Explorer

or was mt TV drop of the list on below page due to benchmar issues...

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/information/sony

how I can confirm that?

Catmambo
Contributor

Very simply this TV runs an old version of the red button iPlayer service I think and was a 2009 model so isn't on the list for that reason, as pretty much everything from 2011 onwards ran a newer HTML version of iPlayer.

If you've done a factory reset and its still not playing ball, I'd maybe see if you can test it on another internet connection, maybe an understanding friends or something like that. Realise this is a bit of a pain, but at the moment, its almost impossible to pin down the issue. If it works at your friends, then its your connection, if it doesn't then it may well need to be looked at by a service centre

tom.74
Explorer

HI,

Correct, this is a 1st TV with BBCiplayer built in

I was thinking long time ago to test it somewhere else but this is quite big TV so some preparation need to be done...

OK thanks for all your advises :slight_smile: I will let you know later where I am with this problem..

Also please let me know if you have any new advices

tom.74
Explorer

Hi All,

I have decided to test my TV again once I have noticed that when watching BBC Freeview HD Sochi Winter sport Live and then after pressing RED I have been presented with list of 3 or 4 another live sport events. I have pressed on one of them and then received some sort of SD live video with some MPG compression disruption!!!! So I did go to RED again on 101 and 108 , and then to BBC iplayer and as per previous had list with latest shows then I have pressed on one of them and the video started J so the problem is fixed now J

I think I have come across of some article on the update to all BBC iplayer platforms good few weeks ago…hmmmm…..struggling to locate that now….but the most important is that it is working now!

tom.74
Explorer

Hi All,

I have decided to test my TV again once I have noticed that when watching BBC Freeview HD Sochi Winter sport Live and then after pressing RED I have been presented with list of 3 or 4 another live sport events. I have pressed on one of them and then received some sort of SD live video with some MPG compression disruption!!!! So I did go to RED again on 101 and 108 , and then to BBC iplayer and as per previous had list with latest shows then I have pressed on one of them and the video started J so the problem is fixed now J

I think I have come across of some article on the update to all BBC iplayer platforms good few weeks ago…hmmmm…..struggling to locate that now….but the most important is that it is working now!