Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-24EX325 - UK availability and BBC iPlayer?

profile.country.en_GB.title
mads64738
Visitor

Sony KDL-24EX325 - UK availability and BBC iPlayer?

Hello,

Following the release of Sony's KDL-24EX320, it would appear that the planned Freeview HD feature is no longer included... :slight_frown:

In mainland Europe, Sony has released the KDL-24EX325 which appears to be the same model but with a DVB-S/S2 satellite tuner!  For me, this appears to be perfect! :slight_smile:  However, this model doesn't appear to be available in Sony's UK stores... :slight_frown:

I have spoken to an Austrian electronics store who ship items to the UK, but have a few things to clarify:

- Is the EPG for the 24EX320 and 24EX325 the same?  Will I be able to see (on Freeview/DVB-T), the normal 7-day EPG, or will I only see "now/next" across all services (DVB-T/S/S2)?

- What happens with Bravia Internet Video services?  Are these localised based on model?  I would like to have the benefits of obtaining the 'free to air' satellite services, but do not wish to lose access to BBC iPlayer.  If I connect the 24EX325 and perform a first-time start, will I be able to get all of the UK widgets and video services?

- Does the 24EX325 support MHEG, required for "red button" services?

Appreciate your thoughts and thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
tdi140
Visitor

Guys, Did you buy a 24EX325 and does it have full UK functionality ie EPG, iplayer.....etc?

Message was edited by: tdi140

Message was edited by: tdi140