Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-55X8505B Picture Settings

meowsony
New

Sony Bravia KD-55X8505B Picture Settings

Hi,

I have just purchased the KD-55X8505B and I have left the picture on default, straight out of the box. Is there anyone with the "Best Picture" settings for this TV? The main Input for me is Sky +HD.

First impressions of the TV are good. However, some of the non HD channels through sky are extremely ropey.

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This one is kind of impossible to answer as best picture settings are an individual taste.  Have a read through this FAQ and see if it helps or give you any pointers.

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/faq-best-picture-settings/ba-p/1821711

Cheers

meowsony
New

I have tried to adjust the picture settings following those steps, but no joy.

I am extremely concerned and I even wonder if the TV could be faulty? The 9 year old Samsund TV in comparrison, displays a better picture with all inputs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Non-HD channels will always look second best on a large screen TV.  If you take HD has being 1920x1080, the resolution for non-hd is well far far lower, and with a 55", you are blowing the imperfections of the video even more. 

Unfortunately I cannot see to judge whether this is within normal operations, only you can.  If you are really struggling, it might be time to give Sony support a call.

Was your Samsung TV a 55" too?

Cheers

anspenc51
Explorer

Same problem, contacted Sony and they asked what signal strength I had on my sky + box. I had approx. 90% on signal 1 and 50/60% on signal2. Sony say that because I have a larger screen than previous I need at least 80% from both signals. Waiting for sky to reset sat. dish. Check yours its worth a try

meowsony
New

Thanks anspenc51, please let me know if you have any joy with Sky. I'm also waiting now.

anspenc51
Explorer

Hi, Sky engineer changed picture format 2 to 16.9 setting, fitted a new power cable and a new dish, picture quality has improved to a good level on sd and a realy good level on hd. TV set on factory settings but will tweek settings to improve. Hope this helps.