Join now - be part of our community!

RE-TUNING AFTER DIGITAL SWITCH OVER

profile.country.en_GB.title
NOODLES
Visitor

RE-TUNING AFTER DIGITAL SWITCH OVER

I am a Freeview user, Sony Bravia TV and Sony HDD Recorder,  TV Aerial plugged into HDD recorder. When I retune HDD recorder I get 107 channels, but when I retune TV, I only set 60 sometimes 80 channels.  To test, I plugged the tv aerial into TV and re-tuned,  got 107 channels.  Am I missing a stage in the re-tune sert-up. Could it be linked to the analogue cabling, which i have now removed. 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The signal going through the HDD recorder and than to the TV may loose some strenght. If the signal is already not that good your TV may find less channel that the recorder that is up in the chain. One possible solution could be to use a splitter and feed the recorder and the TV in parallel, but it may results also in lowering the signal to both. Be aware that with digital signal doesn't work that much also using an amplified one, since it adds up to signal but also to rumors so decreasing the overall quality. The best solution normally is to check better your antenna and feed a stronger signal to the devices.