Join now - be part of our community!

Media Remote App for Iphone

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
farmerpug
Visitor

Media Remote App for Iphone

I just purchased a Bravia KDL-40CX523, and then seen somewhere about a remote control app for it, i have an Iphone 3GS and seen this app on the app store, which recommended that i check model compatibility.

So im just asking is my tv compatible with the app, and if i download it what does the tv need, i havent yet it connected to the internet, but hope to get it connected with a wired LAN connection into my BT home hub soon. Will this app work when the internet is connected to the tv?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

yes your phone app will work fine, you will need to get your tv connected to the internet as you will need the firmware update for it to work, LAN cables are inexpensive so get conected and enjoy your tv,

regards.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Bravia55HX

Hi,

yes your phone app will work fine, you will need to get your tv connected to the internet as you will need the firmware update for it to work, LAN cables are inexpensive so get conected and enjoy your tv,

regards.

farmerpug
Visitor

i connected the tv to the interent and downloaded the app, WOW that was quick to download and setup all very easy and it works better than the real remote. Especially for typing stuff.

Is there any accessory for the bravia tv to give you a full keyboard just to make the interent browser a bit better.

Bravia55HX

well apparently you can use a vaio laptop keyboard on some bravia tv's but dont take that for gospel.

not sure of any other types, maybe a sony moderator will assist further.

profile.country.en_IE.title
Plambey
Visitor

Hi,

I was looking for similar help on this.it says all you need to do is have both your phone and tv connected to the same home network, and then when searching on your phone, it should find the tv, however this aint working for me.

i only have one wireless connection in the house that my laptop, phone, ps3 and tv all connect to, so is this the "same home network" they're on about or am i missing something vital?

anyone who's got theres hooked up or can help twould be greatly appreciated.

Sony Bravia KDL-40EX723 and HTC Desire/ipod Touch 2nd gen

Catmambo
Contributor

Few ideas

• Have you put the Tv into 'Scan' mode also where its looking for the smartphone?
  • Also make sure you have updated your Tv with the latest firmware as well.
  • Might be also worth doing a factory reset on the TV incase something has glitched
  • Power cycle the TV as well by leaving it unplugged for 10 minutes then try scanning again.

Hopefully one of these will fix it as no reason why it should work..

Thanks

armstrongn
New

Hi

I'm having similar problems with an EX723  the iphone can't find any Unregistered Devices.  How do you put the Telly into 'Scan Mode'  ??????

The TV is connected wireless and I've checked on both that the IP addresses and Subnets are both on the same network  - its starting to do my head in:smileyconfused:

Rich

Plambey
Visitor

Catmambo wrote:

Few ideas

• Have you put the Tv into 'Scan' mode also where its looking for the smartphone?
  • Also make sure you have updated your Tv with the latest firmware as well.
  • Might be also worth doing a factory reset on the TV incase something has glitched
  • Power cycle the TV as well by leaving it unplugged for 10 minutes then try scanning again.

Hopefully one of these will fix it as no reason why it should work..

Thanks

Hey,

Thanks for reply. TV doesnt have a scan mode per se, but i've made sure the the "remote device/renderer" is set to on.

The iManual on the tv simply states "connect tv and phone to same home network, launch the ap, search for tv, select tv" which is what i'm doing.

TV is on the latest firmware.

Have performed a factory reset, no avail.

Also power cycled the tv and nothing. really at a loss here as to what to do unfortunately. :slight_frown:

imfaefife
Visitor

Hey. Can you tell me if the media remote app on iPhone is compatible for the kdl ex713. If it isn't do you know if there will be a future update that will make it compatible?  Thanks

lambayrules
Visitor

Hi

Does this APP only work if it is on a wireless network ? do you need a sony dongle. ?

cheers