Join now - be part of our community!

Lack of Customer Service - Does Sony care?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
MiffedatSony
Visitor

Lack of Customer Service - Does Sony care?

Sony 32%22 LED Ad June 2011.jpg

I am very disappointed that Sony trains its sales people to be devisive, defensive and dishonourable.

Please check out the advert placed last week in our local newspaper, Stourbridge News.

At the bottom it states there is a 32" LED TV available for £399.99

http://daol.newsquest.co.uk/images/KM2291378.pdf

THE ISSUE:

My parents-in-law saw the ad last Friday and have been looking for a new TV. They had checked with people they knew who were knowledgeable about technology and were recommended to go for a LED rather than LCD TV.

So they went to the Kidderminster store, carrying the paper version of the ad and said we want to buy the 32" LED TV advertised.

They were assisted by the Area Sales Manager, Matt Young, who showed them the superior version, which apparently was the LED version, BECAUSE, it transpires the ad was printed incorrectly. They consider the more more expensive option but chose to stay with what they thought was the TV advertised. They were sold the model advertised BUT not the TV advertised. The model is a LCD TV not LED.

When they got home they saw it wasn't LED and rang the store to complain. Now under the Sale of Goods Act they should be entitled to receive the 32" FULL HD1080 LED WITH FREEVIEW, Bravia Inter Video TV as described in what is now a misleading advert. Or they should be given a full refund.

My parents-in-law have since looked at the TV and there are 'striped lines' in the picture, so not have not been sold the right product it is also faulty!

They have had a number of conversations with Matt and the assistant store manager Sam and apart from smart words, 'technicalities' and refusals to accept that the Advert is Sony's issue, they have also lied on several occasions. Furthermore they have been 'sharp; in tone, rude to my mother-in-law and totally refused to offer an exchange or refund.

My wife rang the store Friday and spoke to Sam who said the ad wasn't wrong! He also questioned her father's account about whether the lines were 'spots' or 'stripes'.

I rang to speak to Matt today and he said my parents-in-law have 'offered' to go into the store and pay an extra £100 to have the other version. I gave Matt several opportunities to do 'the right thing' as part of DUTY OF CARE to the customer and reminded him that both people in question were 70 and 69 and that they have been very stressed by the whole  experience and are now without a TV (the old one had been removed).

Matt Young needs to consider not only the legal position but also the way he has made this a personal issue and caused our family considerable stress over a matter of customer service that could have rectified very quickly.

So to my question is Does Sony Care?

I will be writing to John Mackie, as he is responsible for Customer Insight so if someone could kindly give me his email address I would be grateful.

Should anyone at Sony wish to call me I'm Gary and my mobile number is 07788 543955.

Message was edited by: MiffedatSony

Message was edited by: MiffedatSony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bartley1
Visitor

Sounds a little bit shoddy, especially as the advert is incorrect. But remember Sony are the manufacturer and so don't set prices thus this advert has been produced by the store or the stores head office ( which at the bottom of the second page of the advert shows its Victor Electronics).

Don't forget that Sony Centres are generally independent retailers who trade under the name of Sony rather than a direct part of Sony.

I'd call Victor Electronics and explain you were misold a TV on the basis of an incorrect advert as indeeed the listed TV is CCFL - http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-80-32-lcd/kdl-32cx523#pageType=TechnicalSpecs

Good luck

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bartley1
Visitor

Sounds a little bit shoddy, especially as the advert is incorrect. But remember Sony are the manufacturer and so don't set prices thus this advert has been produced by the store or the stores head office ( which at the bottom of the second page of the advert shows its Victor Electronics).

Don't forget that Sony Centres are generally independent retailers who trade under the name of Sony rather than a direct part of Sony.

I'd call Victor Electronics and explain you were misold a TV on the basis of an incorrect advert as indeeed the listed TV is CCFL - http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-80-32-lcd/kdl-32cx523#pageType=TechnicalSpecs

Good luck

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

Bartley1 has given good advice in his reply, hope you get some satisfaction with Victor Electronics or from the retailer..:smileyhappy: