Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W805A Freeview Tuning Nightmare!!!

tanbir17

KDL-55W805A Freeview Tuning Nightmare!!!

I am having a nightmare getting freeview on my new tv. I have bought an arieal from ebay, I plugged it and did a quick scan, it picked up 34 and no HD channels. As I know I can get more channels (90 plus the HD ones) I tried another search and no channels were picked up. I have done countless searches, quick and full scan and I can no longer get any channels whatso ever. I then took ariel to my second telly and and did a full scan and it picked up 110 channels plus HD ones. I stuck it back to the new tv and again no channels.

Yesterday I bought a new ariel from Tesco One For All SV9125, and again the same, no channels whatso ever on full and quick scan but if I plugg to my second tv I get all the channels plus the HD ones.

I also tried the Normal and Full option for the digital tv under settings and that did not make any difference, however I am not sure what the options does as there is no info.

Can anyone recommend a solution or has my Tv gone faulty?

20 REPLIES 20
tanbir17

Update

Did a re scan on the tv and hd channels have been picked up, huraaah!

However I have lost the hd channels on my youview box, would prefer hd on the box so I can record.

You win some and lose some!