Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40NX800 Wifi problem - TV shuts off

profile.country.nl_BE.title
tarsius
New

KDL-40NX800 Wifi problem - TV shuts off

Hi

My KDL-40NX800 (FW PKG4.092EUH-0108) was connected to a wireless lan using an old Fujitsu-Siemens Connect2Air router.  Everything worked fine.

I now replaced the router with a D-Link DIR-655 (Rev B1 FW 2.00).  All devices work correctly (laptop, PC, PDA,...), except  for the TV set.

First time scanning for the network on the TV worked fine.  I was able to identify the SSID, enter the WPA key and indicate the automatic configuration of IP address.  Everyhting seemed to go well, TV indicated both local and internet access are ready, untill the TV decided to switch itself off.

Since then, as long as the wireless network of the Bravia remains enabled, the TV switches itself off, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes.

It is now impossible to enter the network configuration because it will switch off the TV again.

Two questions:

- what can be the cause of the malfunction?  incompatibility with the router?

- how to fix it?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.nl_BE.title
tarsius
New

Final update:

Sony confirmed today that the problem is caused by the 802.11 configuration.  They suggest to use 802.11g ONLY.

They contacted D-Link and requested to make some kind of modification to the router firmware.  Let's just hope D-Link takes this serious enough to actually fix it.

cheers and thanks to all who helped!

profile.country.es_ES.title
fliebe
Visitor

I change WAP2 to WAP and TV  maintain ON

Is XBR-52LX905 3D

Maybe it help

Fernando