Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-22EX320 and incorrect video codec information provided by Sony

profile.country.en_GB.title
sanjayj
Visitor

KDL-22EX320 and incorrect video codec information provided by Sony

I bought a KDL-22EX320 yesterday, based on the information provided by Sony. Now I beginning to regret buying it and thinking of returning it. It clearly states on this page http://kb.sony-europe.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?St=106,E=0000000000019308444,Key=4973,SXI=12,Case=... that it supports xvid, wmv, asf and divx over DLNA and USB (you can get to this link by going to the support page of KDL-22EX320 and then "Using the Network (DLNA) Features of your TV set" and then "view codecs compatibility"). I have tried to play some of these types and it refuses to play them (Playback is not possible). It seems to have no problems with MPEG1/2 and AVCHD. Unfortunately, lots of my files are in xvid, wmv and asf format (codec checked by using MediaInfo). I have not tried divx yet but othes are reporting they are having problems with divx as well.

I seem to be finding problem after problem with this TV (essentially misleading information provided on Sony website which contradicts what the Sony online support staff say, which then contradicts what the Sony Centre says). It seems impossible to try and get accurate and consistent information.

Very very annoyed.

Message was edited by: sanjayj

0 REPLIES 0