Join now - be part of our community!

HUMAX Foxsat HDR and SONY KDL-50W829 Bravia Sync

jasebpt
Explorer

HUMAX Foxsat HDR and SONY KDL-50W829 Bravia Sync

Hello, has anyone managed to be able to control their HUMAX using the Sony TV remote?  I cannot get mine to sync regardless of the configurations and endless trials of several HDMI cables! Any help appreciated...

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't know which Humax model you do have, but nowhere in Humax documentatio I found any reference to HDMI-CEC that is the standard to make two devices connected via HDMI to interoperate (called Bravia sync on Sony), so this options seems not possible. Nonetheless Humax remote should be possible to be programmed to control via IR the Sony TVs, chek your Humax manual for the procedure and the code to be used for Sony.

Other option is to buy a programmable remote (like Logitech Harmony) that can be configured to control all your devices.

jasebpt
Explorer

Rooobb, thanks for the reply.  I'm stumped because my LG TV will control the HUMAX - it recognises it and asks if  I want to control it.  Does this mean that CEC does exist?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In LG hdmi cec is called simplink: does your tv recognize it under this name? Or is it possible that lg has some kind of ir control form the remote for stb? Some Samsung has it.
jasebpt
Explorer

The LG has a Universal Control function.  You use the Magic Remote and the TV somehow knows that the HUMAX is connected (it shows an icon with HUMAX set-top-box), you select that and it works...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Yes that is something different don e by the remote I had a look at it https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2mkzaVVg6Lo You can do the same programming the humax remote but not with the Sony remote.